“It was a time in my life that was so special I will never ever forget it. I shouldn’t say that to my two sons, but I was never that excited in my life as when I was on that show.”


The Film

“Come On Down!” is a film about game show culture, the American dream, and the once-in-a-lifetime experience of hearing the words, “Come on down!”


Thursday, August 26, 2010

A Star For A Day ~ Melanie

I went out there for a bachelorette party. My best friend in the world was getting married and her favorite show of all time was The Price Is Right.

I was the very first name that was called and I just kind of sat there. I couldn't believe it was my name and I wanted it to be my friend's name- it was awful!



We wore these tee-shirts, "Falcons Cheerleaders Love Bob," trying to get ourselves some attention. We all had cheered for the Falcons- I had cheered for five years.



This is a picture of me taken after the show. You can't bring anything in there- they confiscate everything. We even had pom-poms, cuz we were going to try and shake our pom poms to get attention in the audience, and they wouldn't let us take them in, so it was very sad.



I gave Bob a kiss on the cheek and he commented on my shirt. It's pretty surreal that you are standing there next to Bob Barker, who's just a legend.


No comments:

Post a Comment