“It was a time in my life that was so special I will never ever forget it. I shouldn’t say that to my two sons, but I was never that excited in my life as when I was on that show.”


The Film

“Come On Down!” is a film about game show culture, the American dream, and the once-in-a-lifetime experience of hearing the words, “Come on down!”


Wednesday, September 15, 2010

A Star For A Day ~ Ryan

I had gone out to California because I was having a rough time in my life and I needed some time away. And I knew I that I was going on "'The Price Is Right." You have 10 seconds to make this great impression, so the first thing I spit out of my mouth is... I've waited 30 years to get here.



I was expecting Bob to do a little banter and I wanted to let it be known that I was from Massachusetts and I wanted to say hi to my boys, Aaron and Grant- I never did I was so nervous.



I was on the edge of my seat the whole time. He's holding the blank cue card and he pulls the sucker back, and there's my name. I'm just like, oh my God, I'm really here. I'm really freaking on contestants row for "The Price Is Right."



One thing you don't see is that I tripped over a cord trying to get on stage. So I get up there and I tell him that I have waited thirty years to get here.. he replies back that he has waited thirty years for me to get here.



I get up to spin the wheel and it was like, there's Ryan... one of the best clock game players in the history of "The Price Is Right." The producers are all very excited for you. I am literally still shaking- you know, national tv, The Price Is Right, Bob Barker... It's like, oh my god.. did this really happen?



The curtain opens and he starts walking out saying "welcome to The Price Is Right.. Here is your first item up for bids."



And this is the hammock I bid on to get up on stage at "The Price Is Right." I am fortunate to the producers, I'm fortunate to Bob Barker- he was very gracious to me. He was very genuine- the real deal. It's such a neat part of Americana and I am very, very happy that I was a part of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment